STAY CONNECTED TO YOUR DRIVE
Vehicle Diagnostics† is a tool that monitors your vehicle’s key operating systems and provides you with regular updates about your vehicle’s health. Those vehicle health updates are sent to your dealer to alert them when your vehicle needs service. When that time comes, your dealer will contact you to schedule an appointment with Certified Service. With Vehicle Diagnostics, you’re always connected - so you can drive more and worry less.
If you’re on the road and your “check engine” light or a vehicle alert pops up, OnStar may be able to help. Just push your blue OnStar button and ask the Advisor to run an On-Demand Diagnostics check. The Advisor can explain what steps you might need to take to resolve any potential issues, including offering Roadside Assistance or locating the nearest Certified Service dealer. On-Demand Diagnostics is included in the Remote Access, Connected Vehicle, Essentials, and Premium plans.
KEY BENEFITS OF VEHICLE DIAGNOSTICS
For enrolled Members, Vehicle Diagnostics is a powerfully simple way to help keep you aware of what’s going on under the hood. It offers peace of mind by checking in with you every month or in real time to help make sure your vehicle is ready for the road. There are two major features:
1. DIAGNOSTIC ALERTS
- Each month, you can receive an easy-to-read diagnostics report via email with the status of your engine, transmission, and other key operating systems. It also lets you know when you’re due for scheduled maintenance.
- Simple color-coded icons make the report easy to review in seconds. A green icon next to a system means no issues were found. A yellow icon tells you action is suggested. And a red icon means you need to take action immediately
- You can also receive Diagnostic Alerts about real-time vehicle issues by email or text
- It’s a consistent reminder of what’s going on – specific to your vehicle – and what steps are involved in maintaining it
2. DEALER MAINTENANCE NOTIFICATION
Time for a tire rotation? A tune-up? A new air filter? You’ll always know because OnStar will notify your preferred dealer when it’s time, and they’ll contact you to schedule an appointment. Your vehicle is self-diagnosing so you can enjoy the experience of driving.
Control Your Vehicle Directly From Your Smartphone
Download the all-new myChevrolet, myBuick, myGMC, or myCadillac mobile app† and use your smartphone to manage your vehicle. Monitor your vehicle’s tire pressure,† oil life, and fuel level; lock or unlock doors;† remote-start the engine;† or search for destinations and send directions to your vehicle’s Navigation System† — all from your smartphone.
YOUR FIRST OIL CHANGE IS COVERED†
Includes a 4-tire rotation, Multi-Point Vehicle Inspection, and free of additional costs for new owners and lessees.