A CLEAR VIEW
Windshield wipers and rear wiper blades have come a long way since first being patented in 1903. Today a variety of materials and styles help whisk away rain, dirt, and snow. During a Certified Service visit, your technician will check your vehicle’s windshield wipers and rear wiper blades as part of the Multi-Point Vehicle Inspection.
Should you need new wipers, your Certified Service experts are proud to offer ACDelco GM Original Equipment, ACDelco Gold (Professional), and ACDelco Silver (Advantage) blades.
Ignoring or putting off the replacement of faulty wiper blades is one of the surest ways to turn a minor annoyance into a larger problem. If you notice any of the following, it may be time to replace your front or rear wipers.
Skipping of the blade caused by warped curvature of rubber of old wipers
Blurry vision caused by dry or dirty blades
Rounded of the wiping edge caused by extended use
Cracked and split rubber caused by prolonged exposure to the sun’s ultraviolet rays
BENT WIPER FRAME
Bent or broken wiper frames may be caused by ice scrapers.
From the first hand-operated rubber windshield wiper to today’s automatic polymer blades, the wiper blade has evolved significantly in its 100-year-plus history. Today, most vehicles use a beam-style wiper blade, while vehicles manufactured prior to 2000 used a conventional-style wiper blade.
ALL-SEASON METAL WIPER BLADES
Often standard on model year 2000 or older models, all-season metal wiper blades have a limited number of pressure points against the length of the blade.
BEAM WINDSHIELD WIPERS
Beam blades have become more widely used in new-vehicle manufacturing. Lighter weight, fewer moving parts, and better aerodynamics make a beam blade the preferred wiper blade for more modern vehicles. The beam blade contours to the shape of the windshield and exerts pressure points across the length of the blade.
ACDELCO METAL WINDSHIELD WIPERS
ACDelco Silver (Advantage) All-Season Metal Wiper Blades
- All-metal blade
- One adapter for all hook arms
- Riveted superstructure for durability
ACDELCO BEAM WIPER BLADES
ACDelco Gold (Professional) Beam Wiper Blades
- Innovative curved, frameless blade design helps conform to the shape of your windshield
- Multiple pressure points provide constant pressure for a uniform wipe
- Variable-size coupler provides optimal load distribution across the length of the blade
- Fits virtually all wiper arms directly without the need to replace adapters
ACDelco Silver (Advantage) Beam Wiper Blades
- Universal-fit frameless blade
- Provides coverage for most vehicles on the road today, using a limited number of adapters
- Economically priced
ACDELCO HYBRID WIPER BLADES
ACDelco Gold (Professional) Hybrid Wiper Blades
- Fits both 9x3 and 9x4 hook and side lock arm types
- Easy one-step installation
- Uniform pressure for a clear wipe with spring steel beam structure
- Tested to perform over 500,000 cycles
ACDELCO GOLD (PROFESSIONAL) WINDSHIELD WASHER PUMPS
- Transfers washer fluid from the fluid reservoir to the windshield
- Universal washer pump fits most vehicles – domestic or import
- Full line of 12-volt pumps available for comprehensive vehicle coverage
- No cam to align or other fittings required
- Intermittent pumps for GM vehicles contain a circuit board (no transferring of old board required)
ACDELCO GOLD (PROFESSIONAL) WINDSHIELD WIPER ARMS
- Serves as the mounting surface for the wiper blades
- Wrist-action, narrow-bayonet, and wide-bayonet arm endings included for heavy-duty applications