VEHICLE BODY REPAIR
KNOW THE CERTIFIED SERVICE DIFFERENCE
Always insist on GM Collision Parts for your collision repair to restore comfort and your vehicle’s performance. Don’t settle for imitation collision parts for your auto body repair that may not measure up in design, materials, fit, assembly, or comparative testing. GM Collision Parts are the Original Equipment Manufacturer parts for your vehicle, so you know you’re getting GM quality, reliability, and durability.
WHAT TO DO IF A COLLISION OCCURS
In the event of a collision, and if there has been an injury, call emergency services for help. Do not leave the scene of a crash until all matters have been taken care of. Move the vehicle only if its position puts you in danger, or you are instructed to move it by a police officer. Give only the necessary information to police and other parties involved in the crash.
Active Protection Plan OnStar† account holders have access to a comprehensive, in-vehicle system that can connect to a live Advisor for emergency, security, navigation, connection, and diagnostic services. With available Automatic Crash Response, the built-in system can automatically connect you to help in the event of a crash, even if you cannot ask for it. GPS technology is used to identify the vehicle location and can provide critical information to emergency personnel. The Advisor is also trained to offer critical assistance in emergency situations. You can push your OnStar button or call 1-888-4-ONSTAR (1-888-466-7827) to speak to an Advisor. For more information, visit onstar.com.
Visit onstar.com for vehicle availability, details, and system limitations. OnStar acts as a link to existing emergency service providers. Not all vehicles may transmit all crash data.
1. If your vehicle cannot be driven, know where the towing service will be taking it. Get a card from the tow truck operator or write down the driver’s name, the service’s name, and phone number.
2. Choose a reputable collision repair facility for your vehicle. Whether you select a Chevrolet, Buick, GMC, or Cadillac dealer, or a private collision repair facility to fix the damage, make sure you’re comfortable with your choice.
3. Remove any valuables from your vehicle before it’s towed away. Make sure this includes your insurance information and registration if you keep these items in your vehicle.
4. If possible, call your insurance company from the scene of the accident. They’ll walk you through the information they’ll need. If they ask for a police report, don’t worry. Just call or go to the police department’s headquarters and you can get a copy of the report.
5. If you have a question about your estimate, don’t be afraid to ask for an explanation. Reputable shops welcome this opportunity. The only way to make sure you get GM Genuine Parts is to ask for them yourself. Ask your insurance agent and collision repair facility representative if your vehicle will be repaired with GM Genuine Parts. If the answer is yes, then you’ll be getting the value, safety, endurance, and peace of mind you expect. If they say imitation parts might be used, you have the right to refuse them. It’s your choice.
It’s your right to have your vehicle restored to pre-crash condition. That means insisting on original replacement parts from your vehicle’s manufacturer. Check your insurance policy now for Original Equipment Manufacturer parts usage. If genuine parts are not specified, request a policy that states only GM Original Equipment Manufacturer parts will be used to repair your vehicle.
Remember, you have a choice. You can either choose genuine parts made by the original manufacturer, or you can choose imitations of those parts made by other companies. When you have the damage repaired at your local GM auto body center using only GM Genuine Parts, you’re getting the same quality parts your GM vehicle was made with. When it comes to collision repair and auto body repair, it just makes good sense to turn to the GM-trained Certified Service experts.
Collision repair and auto body repair professionals should always use extreme caution when performing repairs to a vehicle’s Supplemental Restraint System (SRS), which includes air bags. GM Original Equipment does not support the use of any used, salvaged, or imitation parts for SRS collision repair. Only new, genuine GM-warranted parts should be used in repair because of the critical nature in the design of air-bag systems.
GM Original Equipment Air Bags:
- Comply with Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (FMVSS)
- Provide assurance of quality, fit, and function
- Always install new air bags for safety
GM Original Equipment Manufacturer fascias, grilles, and bumpers help restore the original look of a vehicle where it counts most — up front. Of course, safety is another important factor, and nothing is compromised.
GM Original Equipment Fascias:
- Are designed to accommodate the latest collision-avoidance technology sensors
- Are primed and ready to install right out of the box
GM Original Equipment Grilles:
- Are available with active air shutters as a complete assembly
- Are always perfectly matched to vehicle trim level
GM Original Equipment Bumpers:
- Feature GM Original Equipment fit and finish for faster installations
- Are matched to correct trim level for the vehicle
- Are plug-n-play with fully wired license-plate lamps and park-assist sensors when applicable
Sheet metal helps reflect the beauty of a newly repaired vehicle. Using GM Original Equipment sheet metal parts can help damaged vehicles get back to their pre-collision conditions. GM Genuine Parts sheet metal is carefully packaged and shipped in boxes specifically designed to protect and preserve primed surfaces to help reduce prep time.
GM Genuine Parts Hoods, Fenders, Doors and Decklids:
- Feature perfect fit and function
- Are engineered with the same materials and tolerances as the original part
- Are made with GM Genuine Parts sheet metal, which:
- Are made with strong, corrosion-resistant steel coatings
- Are formed or stamped for added strength
- Feature placement of welds and adhesives based on test data
- Follow the full electrocoat primer (ELPO) process
- Are designed to crush correctly in a collision
- Non-Original Equipment parts may not crush to GM crash-testing standards
GM uses materials such as Ultra High-Strength Steel (UHSS) and aluminum to help meet more stringent crash-worthiness requirements and improve vehicle performance, while limiting or reducing overall mass.
GM Original Equipment Pillars, Bumper Bars, & Supports:
- Are designed to retain vehicle’s original structure
- Are replaceable in sections to allow for only needed repairs
- Are made with materials that are the exact specs and standards of the original
- Are equipped with bolt-on crashboxes to simplify repairs (depending on vehicle application).
- Are made to maintain vehicle safety systems when professionally installed
- Provide peace-of-mind for shop owners and repair technicians
What Are the Advantages of Ultra High-Strength Steel?
- Increased body rigidity
- More resistance to corrosion
- Improved strength-to-weight ratio
GM Original Equipment Parts are identical to production units and made to fit right the first time, to help restore your vehicle’s showroom look.
GM Original Equipment Manufacturer Headlamp & Tail Lamp Assemblies:
- Feature housing and carrier that are the same as the original
- Feature quick, trouble-free installation right out of the box
- Meet GM lighting performance, durability, and reliability requirements
- Comply with Department of Transportation (DOT) requirements
GM Original Equipment Manufacturer Interior Parts:
- Feature color matched to trim level
- Offer sets and kits for common replacement parts
- Feature assemblies, wiring harnesses, and safety systems built in to most components
Your GM dealer has all of your interior parts needs covered.
In the event your Cadillac CT6 is damaged, we want to ensure that you have access to a top of the line repair facility that is properly equipped, and capable of handling your Cadillac’s needs.
The Cadillac Aluminum Repair Network works to protect your vehicle’s integrity, with the goal of restoring it to as close to pre-collision condition as possible. In the event of a collision, you will have access to all the support you need when it comes to helping get your vehicle to a Cadillac dealer. Additionally, customers with access to active OnStar† services or Roadside Assistance†, will be directed to the nearest Cadillac Aluminum Repair Network facility.
All Cadillac Aluminum Repair Network facilities have access to the same GM Genuine and ACDelco parts that your Cadillac was originally built with. The meticulous skill behind the experts at Cadillac Aluminum Repair Network facilities comes from extensive training in the proper use of Cadillac-approved repair procedures, equipment, and the latest tools to ensure that all repairs meet our exacting standards.
Restore your vehicle to its pre-collision status with the professionals of the Cadillac Aluminum Repair Network. To view a list of participating facilities, click here.
Click here to learn more about the Cadillac Aluminum Repair Network.
SERVICE OFFERS AND REBATES
Whether it’s purchasing new tires or installing a transmission, make sure to explore our latest service offers and rebates.